Monday, June 25, 2007

Obama In San Antonio

My Wife, some friends, and I went to see Obama on Sunday. It was a great time, better than expected. The mood was festive, the dancers and drummers were on, and the crowd was cool. One of the most attractive parts of the event was the great diversity of people. Definitely something you wont see, unless totally orchestrated, from the family/war values side.

The music was quite good and so was the weather. The pre-Obama speakers were brief and engaging. A surprise to our group was Bruce Bowen introduced Obama. You cannot go wrong with a Spur on your side.

Then Obama took the stage and he did not lose any points on this crowd. His delivery is quite impressive, I can see how his campaign has garnered such a following. The whole speech went by in a flash. It never dragged and I bet he could have spoken for another hour and the crowd would have loved it.

Personally I came away more confident if he were the candidate. So I guess he scored with me. Although, I may just be a glutton for hope and positive speeches. I do know I'm sick of all the warmongering, and "they'll follow us here" bull.

I have seen Edwards and now Obama. I'm looking forward to Hillary coming in to town. Nobody has my vote yet, but my wife and I are leaning one way. Actually I was completely undecided and she had an opinion, so there you go.

No comments: